Drinking from the SharePoint 2010 hydrant…
Not to long ago I was tasked with rapidly learning SharePoint 2010, PerformancePoint Services 2010 and SharePoint 2010 Branding. The Branding portion has not been as critical but the Business Intelligence piece has been.
Not working with SharePoint since 2006 on SharePoint 2003, my first reaction was “no problem.” After a little research I realized quickly I was quite wrong.
To help everyone else, here are the primary resources I found readily available to ease the learning process.
Online SharePoint Video Tutorials
- SharePoint Training Index: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint-server-help/CL010257455.aspx
- SharePoint Training: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint-server-help/CH010372432.aspx
- SharePoint Lists: http://sharepoint.microsoft.com/Blogs/GetThePoint/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=383
- SharePoint Pro IT Training: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/ee410529
- SharePoint Advanced IT Training: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/ff678054.aspx
- SharePoint Business Intelligence Training: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/hh239866
- SharePoint Developer Training: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/aa905692
- SharePoint Advanced Developer Training: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/ff420385.aspx
SharePoint 2010 Books
- Microsoft SharePoint 2010, Unleashed
- SharePoint 2010 Administrator’s Companion
- Pro SharePoint 2010 Business Intelligence Solutions
- SharePoint 2010 Business Intelligence, 24-Hour Trainer
- SharePoint 2010 Development with Visual Studio 2010
- Professional SharePoint 2010 Branding and User Interface Design
Download SharePoint 2010 Foundation for free here.
Note: SharePoint 2010 Foundation is intended for an Intranet use. View the Edition Comparison here.